The Perfect Coat
Is there such thing as the perfect coat? I have been on the hunt for the perfect coat for the Fall/ Winter season. I have put several in my cart from NET-A-PORTER, NORDSTROM, FAR FETCH and YOOX, but when I go back to order them, they’re gone. I guess everyone is looking for that perfect coat too.
While you’re shopping for that just right coat, there are plenty of people who don’t have a warm coat to put on their bodies as winter approaches. ‘Tis the season for giving and Barbour Inc. has partnered with One Warm Coat to keep neighbors in its local retail communities warm this winter.
Starting Saturday November 15 through December 31, Barbour’s retail locations will be accepting any coat in wearable condition. All coats collected will be donated to each store’s local charity partner and distributed directly to people in need. The following charities have been selected for 2014:
- 280 US Route 1 in Kittery, Maine: New Horizons
- 55 Meadowbrook Drive, Milford, N.H.: New Horizons
- 134 Newbury Street in Boston, Mass.: Haley House and New Horizons
- Men’s jackets will be sent to Haley House; women’s jackets will be sent to New Horizons
- 1047 Madison Avenue in New York, N.Y.: The Bowery Mission
- 123 Wooster Street (Soho) in New York, N.Y.: HMI- Hetrick Martin Institute
- Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls 1900 Military Road, Niagara Falls, N.Y.: Niagara Gospel Rescue Mission
- 1517 Walnut Street in Philadelphia, Pa.: St. Johns Hospice
- 29 Suburban Square in Ardmore, Pa.: Cradles to Crayons
- 67 Palmer Square West in Princeton, N.J.: StreetWise Inc.
- 2331 M Street in Washington, D.C.: Vietnam Veterans of America
- 2042 North Halsted Street in Chicago, Ill.: StreetWise Inc.
- 54 E. Walton Street in Chicago, Ill.: StreetWise Inc.
Join Barbour and support those in need this winter by dropping off coats during regular store hours at your local Barbour store, which can be found at barbour.com/shoplocator.
My mantra has always been, one in, one out. Purchase that new coat, and then give one to somebody in need.